[Freedombox-discuss] http://politics.slashdot.org/story/11/07/18/0153204/Security-Consultants-Wa rn-About-PROTECT-IP-Act

Uh actually he did need to repeat himself and shout. He has excellent points. Heed his words and advice.

I know I am. I'm just getting things done. Others will package it up. That's tedious work left for people who are interested in doing it.

I was once paid to build an entire debian system and deploy it to 5000 systems running fedora. Over the net. It was awesome. So the FreedomNode (FNF build of FreedomBox) is pretty straightforward. I (through my for profit research and consulting company Known element enterprises) have an intern working on getting it released. The FreedomNode build is useful to drive a bunch of for profit work I'm doing.

Good times.

Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:

On 11-07-21 at 04:06pm, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> so, let's pretend that you read what i wrote, yes? which said,
> "debian packaging and infrastructure whilst absolutely essential and
> the best trusted (GPG-signed) infrastructure on the planet for this
> project is NOT the only thing needed. unfortunately, ACTUAL SOFTWARE
> WHICH DOESN'T EXIST NEEDS TO BE DEVELOPED".
>
> do i have to say it again, or are you going to deliberately
> misunderstand and then tell everyone how shit i am. _again_???

No, you need not repeat. Or shout.

If you have some skills that you want to contribute here, then do so.

If you are in need of a paid job, then I suggest you get in touch with
places/persons offering paid jobs. Which is not here.

This is my first post on this thread.

- Jonas

* Tlf.: +45 40843136 Website: http://dr.jones.dk/

[x] quote me freely [ ] ask before reusing [ ] keep private