[Freedombox-discuss] is a distributed search engine (e.g. YaCy) to be part of the FB package?

On 07/16/2011 05:15 AM, ya knygar wrote:
>> The box as shipped will have a relatively small subset of possible
>> >  packages (just as Debian installation has a small subset of the repo's
>> >  packages).
> Where was it decided and when?

He was simply saying that we can't include all packages from the repo in
the FreedomBox sub-distro. In context, it's simply an "ignoratio
elenchi", if you will ( no offense, James ;-) ).
He did state it was his opinion that search would be excluded, I'd
suggest you offer your pros. As have been said, Freedombox
(un)fortunately is a lot of things to a lot of people, but the main
flavor (hopefully the Debian one, not influenced by the Foundation*), is
hopefully going to need consensus.
*I don't want you to get me wrong, I just hope the community will have
the final say (and it most often does, one way or another).
Luka.