[Freedombox-discuss] Relationship driven privacy

> Behalf Of Marc Manthey
> >
> > At the time you "friend" (connect) a profile instead of
> "Accept" you
> > must choose a relationship(s) (sibling, parent, etc.) or
> "Ignore". The
> > same as facebook this relationship selection remains private. These
> > relationships can be based on XFN(1). This minimises leaking and
> > optimises privacy based on relationships.
>
> yep, thats  exactly the same google + does  (circles )

So you are saying Google forces the user to place a friend in at least one
circle?

> check this paper guys, we dont need to reinvent the wheel
>
> A Hybrid P2P/Infrastructure Platform for Personal  and Social
> Internet Services http://research.nokia.com/files/pimrc08-camera.pdf

I tried reading the paper but it was too technical for me. I am not trying
to reinvent the wheel. I just thought FreedomBox would only accept stable
software. AFAIK there was no stable social networking software. At first
glance friendika seems stable to me with a version number of 2.2, but you
guys are the techies. Will friendika be excluded from selection because of
it's BSD license?