[Freedombox-discuss] Rouge Freedomboxes and government intervention

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 4:47 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
> On 11-06-22 at 04:43pm, Neophyte Representative wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Jonas Smedegaard - dr at jones.dk wrote:
>> > So due to violent regimes killing Karlas, you suggest we do not
>> > label a box helping Joannas making a silverlining of the cloud as
>> > "FreedomBox"?
>> >

>> Yes.
>>
>> I don't take The Ultimate Sacrifice lightly. ?I'd MUCH prefer we have
>> those folks alive to help make progress.
>
> How? ?By putting not yet stable stuff into early releases of FreedomBox?

If I read Neophyte's post correctly, he suggests that we help by not
giving Karla unreasonable expectations by using the name "FreedomBox"
for something that is designed to fit Joanna's needs and does not meet
the needs of a freedom fighter.

I am at a total loss for a good name for the box that fits Joanna's
needs. "Personal Cloud in a Box" seems descriptive, but is too clumsy.
"Silverlining Box" is intriguing but not self-explanatory.

If this question is even relevant: If Karla were to have the box that
fits Joanna's needs, would this be worse than having nothing at all or
better than having nothing at all?