[Freedombox-discuss] Ikiwiki (Was: objectives)

On 11-06-09 at 11:09am, The Doctor wrote:
> On 06/09/2011 06:34 AM, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
>
> > I'd suggest ikiwiki instead of wordpress, because it generates
> > static files, and is generally more lightweight.
>
> PivotX (http://pivotx.net/) also supports flat files for everything.
> I used that functionality of it for about two years, and found it very
> reliable (plus migrating to MySQL was largely painless).

Seems to me that PivotX uses flat files as _backend_ but generates
on-the-fly:

> you can also use a flat file database

and

> everytime someone visits your website, PivotX generates that page

Both above quotes are from http://pivotx.net/page/features .

Ikiwiki uses common VCS (e.g. git or Subversion) as backend, compiles
when editing, and serves static html files.

Also quite important, ikiwiki is packaged and available in Debian.

If you want PivotX as a future option for FreedomBox then I recommend
you file a bugreport about it.

Kind regards,

 - Jonas