[Freedombox-discuss] New Yorker article relevant to FreedomBox

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Joshua Spodek <joshuaspodek at yahoo.com> wrote:
> This week's New Yorker has a long article relevant to FreedomBoxes. It's
> about illegal wiretapping, whistleblower retaliation, centralized
> un-accountable surveillance, etc.
>
> http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/05/23/110523fa_fact_mayer?printable=true
>
> I don't know if this forum is appropriate or not to share such articles,
> but figured it was. If not, please let me know.

I'd say linking to such articles is fine. After all, such things are
part of the reason the Box is needed, and should form part of
the threat model in any analysis of its security.

On the other hand, we are here to talk about design and
construction of the box. This is not the place for full
discussion of the political and legal questions.