[Freedombox-discuss] Policy questions

On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 12:26 +0000,
freedombox-discuss-request at lists.alioth.debian.org wrote:
> I believe we should not try to cover all cyber warfare use with the
> FreedomBox, but (at least at first) on creating a box that is
> _usable_
> and with relatively "harmless" tools loaded on it.

Moreover, if someone wants a FreedomBox that works in a "cyber war
zone", he or she will be able to make a better one starting from a
working generic FreedomBox in a non-cyber war zone than trying to get
one started from scratch now.

Personally, I imagine the best thing we can do for people who could use
a FreedomBox in a dangerous place today is to make a working one in a
non-dangerous place as soon as possible.

Since the software will all be free, anyone will be able to modify it as
necessary or desired. They'll know how to modify it or request help from
others better than anyone.