[Freedombox-discuss] Roadmap / Wishlists

On 04/16/2011 07:35 PM, Sandy Harris wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 7:51 AM, AnotherPeasant <versparis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> There should be an easy way for any user, even one not familiar with CLI, to
>> "self-destruct" their FB.  I mean  secure data deletions, as fast and as
>> complete as possible.
> Deletion is not the only way. Any encrypted data can be made unreadable
> instantly simply by destroying the key. This is much faster, but it does not
> provide deniability. If you are dealing with people who will try to beat the
> key out of you, that could be a major problem.

So just have a USB/SD card whatever with passphrase protected key on it.
Make this the only
copy of the decryption key. Have it and a small hammer or other
destructive instrument on you
at all times. Practice quick destruction. If it's destroyed, then tell
them the passphrase. Lot of good
it will do them. :)

--
Charles N Wyble charles at knownelement.com @charlesnw