[Freedombox-discuss] Size of the the base image

Hello,

2011/2/26 Matt Joyce <matt at nycresistor.com>:
> Oh no, I'm all for ignoring debian compatibility as it gains me nothing.

Debian is an upgradeable production ready environment. It also covers
legal issues to be able to do all "we" want to do. I do not think it
is good idea to base on something else.

> I'll be focused on portability to devices not running on debian myself.
> Specifically embedded devices I think are important / fun to work with.
>
> But that's just me.

I also have fun with embedded stuff, but your approach does not seem
to be correct for long-term, it is surely fine if you just want to
play and try/test out some proofs of concepts.

> However I will continue to advocate that no one relies on python / perl /
> php / ruby / java in any of their development as that will unnecessarily
> increase app stack size and make my life very difficult.

As Jonas says, good luck with it, it will surely improve embedded
ecosystem, but that is not the goal here, as I understand this
project.

Cheers,
--
?H?ctor Or?n