[Freedombox-discuss] Kickstarter's initial goal was reached

While I am glad to see this project is gathering steam and resources, I have
to voice my agreement with Matt Willsher.  I don't see the point of a well
funded foundation when there is no actual freedom box in existence yet.
More to the point the success of the kickstarter campaign is a double edged
sword.  On one hand the foundation has funding to do a few things, and the
name has positive recognition.  But because of that, there is now an
expectation of success right out of the gate.  If we fail to wow people with
our first release, we will face the whiptail wrath of a target user base
scorned.

-Matt