[Freedombox-discuss] Kickstarter's initial goal was reached

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 07:50:52 +0300, Osama Khalid <osamak at gnu.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just in case someone hasn't noticed yet, the initial fundraising goal
> was reached yesterday on Kickstarter.
>
> In five days, about 600 backers pledged to donate more than $60,000 to
> help launch the Foundation.
>
> Hopefully more donations will be pledged. A budget of $500,000 is
> expected to help make the project a reality by next year according to
> the New York Times report.
>
> --Osama Khalid

We've reached our initial fundraising goal, but we're still going
strong.  More money helps us found the project stronger, reach goals
faster and explore more technologies of freedom.  We're proud of the
Freedom Box Foundation's public roots, and we want to be able to
demonstrate support and interest from as many people as possible.  So
please, keep pledging and keep giving.

$60K is a floor, not a ceiling.  It is the minimum we need to start
making this a real project, but it is not enough to fully fund the
project.  The more money we raise from the public, the more money we can
raise from industry and grants.  Even $1 donations help us prove the
viability of our efforts.

We are right now trying to get some public attention focused on how
quickly we hit $60K.  So keep telling your friends about the project and
the kickstarter.  We'd like to surge over the top and finish strong.

Congratulations to us all for the collective effort we've made so far.
I know everybody is hungry for more information.  We'll have an FAQ out
today or tomorrow that will clarify things a bit.

And Eben is giving a talk in NY on Friday that I'd like to invite you
all to attend. Information is here:
http://themorningsidepost.com/tmp-conference-2011/ He's the 3pm Keynote
speaker.  We'll video it and have a stream online (probably by Monday).

Thanks again, for all your ideas, your time, your energy and your
donations.  I can't wait to watch as all this effort focuses in on the
goal.

Best regards,
James