[Freedombox-discuss] Sunday HackFest

> Can someone recommend a Hardware to
> me which will be the aim to observe the hardware requirements a freedom
> box will have? Should be hardware in the "everyone can buy this" price
> range ;)

i think sheevaplug, guruplug, tonidoplug and pogoplug are the four
plugservers that are currently commercially available, and that all contain
quite similar their hardware, and all cost $99. Some have more NICs than
others, etc. I think Sheeva has no fan and apparently gets too hot. Guru has
a fan that apparently sounds like a 24x7 hair dryer.

More hardware is mentioned here
http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/TargetedHardware