[Freedombox-discuss] Sunday HackFest

On 20.02.2011 19:59, Michiel de Jong wrote:
> 3) Network neutrality protection: If your ISP starts limiting or
> interfering with your access to services in the Net, your Freedom Box
> can communicate with your friends to detect and route traffic around the
> limitations. Network censorship is automatically routed around, for your
> friends in societies with oppressive national firewalls, or for you;
>
> -> i think this can only be done with a wifi mesh. Volunteers for
> looking into this?

I like the Idea of a wireless mesh network. Although not successful
tested I have found this: http://www.olsr.org/ .
Maybe someone might check if it works. Unfortunately I don't have much
equipment to test. I especially lack of Hardware with low power
consumption and low hardware specs. Can someone recommend a Hardware to
me which will be the aim to observe the hardware requirements a freedom
box will have? Should be hardware in the "everyone can buy this" price
range ;)

BR, Thomas