[Freedombox-discuss] Roadmap proposal

On 21 February 2011 13:31, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:
> On 21 February 2011 07:49, Matt Willsher <matt at monki.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>> I strongly believe that IPv6 has to be a first class citizen from day one.
>
> IPv6 has many benefits. Since IPv6 is not _yet_ normal, I suggest it
> is out of scope here until it becomes normal.

I'm only suggesting parity with IPv4 for now.

> Where does it fit in a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burn_down_chart ?

> Adding complexity at day one seems unwise to me.

Retro fitting would be time consuming. I don't see IPv6 causing much
of an overhead if implemented from the start. It's not that complex
and most software supports it now.
 Sure, most users won't get the benefit from it from day 1 but as IPv6
becomes more and more prevalent fb is ready to go and can start to
make benefit from other IPv6 features sooner.