[Freedombox-discuss] Roadmap proposal

> 2011/2/17 Bjarni R?nar Einarsson <bre at pagekite.net>
>

>> Incidentally, you are describing a device that I personally could not use,
>> because my ISP provides me with a router and won't let me change or replace
>> it.

This is interesting, I've often wondered about that. I've always used my own
router, not the one my ISP provides me with, it would never even occur to me
to ask my ISP's permission.

What is it they do exactly to prevent you using your own router or is it
just that it would break their T&Cs? What country do you live in? Is it
cable or some kind of DSL? Is this common for most people?

Ben

--
Ben Francis
http://tola.me.uk