[Freedombox-discuss] Ubuntu and Freedom Box?

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 07:26:11PM +0200, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>What is the future of Ubuntu with embedded devices?

I work on the democratic (and socio-anarchic) Debian, and am happy to
collaborate with derivatives thereof as long as work is rooted in Debian
- I am not interested in work applied only to any one derivative!

More specifically: Ubuntu has a different view on what hardware is
relevant to support. Where Debian generally aim at hardware still
possible to buy (ARMv5 or ARMv6), Ubuntu aim at hardware expected
popular to buy in the near future (ARMv7).

Ubuntu is a business, working directly with hardware vendors: Interested
in pushing sales of new hardware.

Debian is a community, working directly with users: Interested in
extending the lifespan of hardware.

  - Jonas