[Freedombox-discuss] Dehierarchicalization (e.g. avoiding DNS) is imperative?

On Thu Oct 07 16:18, paxcoder wrote:
> I still don't see what's more authoritative than the oldest of wiki FB
> descriptions, since obviously we won't all agree on everything said here.

I don't read what people put on the wiki unless something on the mailing list
suggests I should. Yes, I'd like to have enough time to follow this more
carefully, but I'm definitely of the opinion that the mailing list is canonical
and the wiki is documentation thereof. Certainly you shouldn't expect people to
notice when things are put on the wiki and you shouldn't assume that if people
object to a point on the ML but not the wiki they don't mean their objection.
If you don't think we can agree on everything said on the mailing list, why do
you think that the wiki is any different?

In this particular case several people have voiced disagreement about that
point on the mailing list. That they have only done so on the mailing list
doesn't mean you can assume there is actually consensus when there is not.

On a more broad note, I think this is a perfect example of something which we
shouldn't be arguing about, but should be trying to interoperate with both
options. One of the key things to me about freedom is the ability to
interoperate with any system and the user to be able to choose this. I think
this is a perfect example of where we should try and do both.

Matt