[Freedombox-discuss] Introductions

On pe, 2010-08-27 at 18:59 +0000, Clint Adams wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 04:31:48PM +0100, Dafydd Harries wrote:
> > though, you're bootstrapping using the fact that you have a service with a
> > well-known name and that can accept incoming connections ? the Jabber server.
> > Should we expect to be able to use something similar for the freedom box?
>
> In my mind, a fundamental requirement to the success of such a freedom box
> would be some sort of distributed, decentralized naming system.

I concur. In general, I think we are going to have to avoid any central
dependency for anything at all. I don't yet know how to reach that, but
it's not something we should compromise on. Otherwise the central
dependency is going to be a single point of failure, and taking out that
will make all freedom boxes become useless with a single strike, and
that's not good.