[Freedombox-discuss] Slow Internet Connection and Inavailability

Hello,

I was talking to a friend of mine who is interested in this project
earlier today and he raised an interesting issue: How is it going to
work for the many people who live in Africa, India and some regions in
the Middle East who do not have stable, fast and permanent Internet
access?

For many people of those, within five years from now (which is the
project expected time-line, AFAICT) they will probably have a better
Internet access, but that is not totally granteed for everyone and I
think those should not be left behind on every step in the way.

Also, on a similar issue, if someone is going to send me a
photo/notice/article/whatever at a time when my server is offline,
what should be done?

I'm not sure, but I think it basically depends on whether my server
should fetch my 'outbox' on my friends' servers every given time when
it's online or theirs should send it to mine immediately.

Which design is going to be implemented and why?

FTW, FreedomBox!

--
Osama Khalid
English-to-Arabic translator and programmer.