Re: Comments regarding python-unicodedata2_14.0.0+ds-5_amd64.changes

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 01, 2022 at 10:11:35PM +0000, Sean Whitton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There are various references to "clinic generated code".  Does that mean we
> don't have the preferred form for modification for some of these files?  Or is
> it embedded in those files themselves?  Kindly confirm.

The package has headers generated from UCD, which is packaged as
unicode-data in Debian, and the headers are removed from source (hence
+ds). It is packaged to generate those headers from unicode-data.

> test_unicodedata2.py says "All Rights Reserved"; are we sure it is under the
> PSF license?

Given its presence in python3 source code, I made an assumption that
most of the files are derived from it, and the license follows.

test_unicodedata2.py is derived from Lib/tests/test_unicodedata.py in
python3 source code, with the same header.

Yao Wei