Re: xfonts-intl-persian

Hi,

在 2021-03-01星期一的 19:47 +0330,آ. شفیعی写道:
> Hello,
> Recently, I have fixed some problems with one of the Persian fonts
> (IranNastaliq). I would like to know whether it is possible to add it
> (along with other Persian fonts) to one of the xfonts-intl packages.
> Regards.

Thanks for your interest in Debian's fonts. I believe you are talking
about the package listed at https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/intlfonts .

The intlfonts package has been orphaned in Debian. No one is
effectively maintaining it. As a result, the best way of making use of
your improvement and fix should be forwarding your fix to the font
upstream.

The upstream developer of intlfonts is the GNU project. The homepage of
intlfonts in GNU is https://www.gnu.org/software/intlfonts/ . I believe
you may contact GNU and forward your patch there.

It's also worthwhile noting that upstream intlfonts has just released
new version of intlfonts (1.4.1) on Feb 2021.

Please compare the new release with the old release to see if your
problem is fixed there. If not, please contact upstream GNU developers
and ask them to merge your proposed changes. You may find the name as
well as email address to the upstream maintainer
on https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Intlfonts#tab=Details , in the
"Leaders and contributors" section.

I think there's little can be done from Debian's font team side except
for packaging the new intlfonts release as released by GNU upstream.

Thanks,
Boyuan Yang