twemoji packaging: Fonts question

hello debian-fonts,

I intend to package twemoji (twitter SVG icons) [1] for Debian (see
#878875). I intended to package this in debian-js, but Jonas from
debian-js has two concerns [2]:

1. Shall I package the js from the package as well, or just the SVG
icons (so far no one needs the js, but Jonas tends to think it should be
packaged)?

2. quoting Jonas:
"Speaking of SVGs, are you sure this is the real source of those SVG
files? It seems amchine-generated to me, and I suspect there is real
concern as to freedom aspects of distributing only as provided here.
Even if you choose to use the JavaScript team as platform for your
package maintenance, I recommend that you discuss the issue of source of
fonts with the font team, as there is collected quite some knowledge and
experience in that team."

[1] https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
[2] https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/pkg-javascript-devel/2020-August/044211.html

Please CC: me as I am not subscribed (I guess Jonas, too).

Cheers and Best Regards,
Felix
--
Felix Natter