Re: Policy question: web fonts in extra package?

Hi Markus,

I am all for keeping packaging as easy as possible (and as complex as
necessary, whatever that means). If a user wants to install the Junction
fonts, she probably only wants to install the fonts-junction package
(that'd be the most logical reaction) and expects this package to provide
all the necessary fonts with that name.

But please make sure to "hide" the WOFF fonts in a directory out of
fontconfig's reach, so packages that rely on fontconfig but cannot handle
the WOFF format well (yet) don't choke on it. Please see fonts-hack for an
example.

Regarding TTF, I'd rather ask upstream if they prefer TTF over OTF fonts.
Otherwise, I don't see a reason to install TTF fonts at all if OTF fonts
are available.

Cheers,

 - Fabian