Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] Future of fonts-android (source) [Was: updated fonts-androd has fonts missing]

Quoting Vasudev Kamath (2015-10-23 10:45:46)
> Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> writes:
>
>> Quoting Vasudev Kamath (2015-10-23 08:43:24)

>>> We as in pkg-fonts team, it can be myself but I won't promise :-).
>>
>> There is a difference if you are a) taking the lead (informing) or b)
>> asking others to take lead (asking).  It seemed like you were doing
>> neither (asking for consensus without a fallback on personal
>> decision) which I find is effectively is b) but worse because those
>> you ask are not aware that if not responding then nothing happens.
>
> Interesting :-). Though I never had such thoughts in mind. Thanks for
> this interpretation.

In short, I think most effective would've been you writing something
like "If none of you fellow Font maintainers objects, then I will do XXX
in YYY time.  I welcome suggestions for alternative approaches, but feel
we need to act soon on this issue."

The "we" in that context isn't stalling anything if noone in the team
feel their name engraved in it ;-)

>>> 2. By default fonts-droid ships Fallback fonts also but upstream
>>>    has updated it in newer release. So drop Fallback from
>>>    fonts-droid and create new package tracking upstream Vcs and add
>>>    dependencies to fonts-droid?
>>
>> Move the parts that has moved source, but don't drop parts without a
>> new source until no longer depended on (or impatience runs out - see
>> above): the fallback font is exactly the reason ghostscript depends
>> on fonts-android, as an example.
>
> For clarification fonts-android is a source package, so I assume
> Ghostscript depends on fonts-droid.

Right.

 - Jonas