Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] RFS: fonts-cabin/1.5-1 [ITP]

Quoting Bernhard Reiter (ockham@raz.or.at):
> Package: sponsorship-requests
> Severity: wishlist
>
>   Dear mentors,
>
>   I am looking for a sponsor for my package "fonts-cabin"

Will do.

Still, Bernhard, it seems that you actually "CC" the pkg-fonts-devel
mailing list to your requests. That's fine, but not optimal, because
we don't receive the bug report, but we receive a copy of the report
*submission*. In short, we don't know the number that is assigned to
your request.

And I'm supposed to close such bug report when sponosring, so this
adds a little bit more work as I have to big into the BTS to get the
bug number.

What you should do is to request the list to be CC'ed to the bug
acknowledgment mail. You can do that by addig "X-Debbugs-CC: <list
address>" to the headers of the mail you send to the BTS.

Alternatively, when reportbug prompts you with:

"Enter any additional addresses this report should be sent to; press
ENTER after each address. Press ENTER on a blank line to continue."

then put the list address here. I think it uses "X-Debbugs-CC", then.

Also, you may want to consider asking for Debian Maintainer status :
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer

That would allow you to upload packages you're "authorized" for
without the need for a sponsor.

This is a shorter process than Debian Developer and often seen as the
first step for those who consider applying as Debian Developer.