Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] Creating a mirror of fontforge's CVS repository

2010/4/21 Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br>:

> Could you create the /git/pkg-fonts/ directory there for me? I don't
> think that I have the necessary rights to perform the operation (just
> tried it).
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/FAQ#vcs-repos

I'm not an admin, Christian, could you do that?

> I am not very familiar with svn-buildpackage. Does it include something
> like git-dch, to put fill debian/changelog with descriptions from the
> repository?

Usually you do dch, then debcommit. IIRC you can do the same with git.

> It seems to me that maintaining that package is a great deal of work,
> especially for someone like me that only understands languages in the
> Latin script. :-)

It hasn't seen much maintainence for a long time and probably won't
see much even after I move it to git.

> BTW, just a wishlist here (brainstorming, don't blame me): perhaps we
> could separate the pure font packages from the programs in the
> repository? Say, something like creating two (or more) subdirectories...

Hmm, perhaps.

--
bye,
pabs