Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] Creating a mirror of fontforge's CVS repository

Hi, pabs.

On Apr 17 2010, Paul Wise wrote:
> Sounds like a good idea to me.

Nice that you like it. I've been mirroring upstream's CVS and, so far,
being successful. You can see it here:

http://github.com/rbrito/fontforge

Apparently, the idea is appreciated by other people, since I only had
positive feedback. :-)

> Info about adding that to alioth is here:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/Git

Just some newbie questions: can I put a cronjob there to fetch the
changes once a day? I don't know what kind of permissions I have on
alioth.

BTW, where should I create a repository like this? Under the pkg-fonts
umbrella? It seems to me that the team doesn't seem to use git that
much...

Another thing that would rock would be to create a git mirror of our SVN
repository---I've been having some severe problems with network outages
and I would prefer to keep working/committing even when I am
disconnected.

The team doesn't seem to have anything on git.d.o, from a quick look at
it.

> I'd also suggest mentioning to upstream that you have done this,
> perhaps they will be interested to switch to git :)

Already contacted and waiting for a reply.

> Probably they will want some extra stuff for the conversion - proper
> authorship and so on.

Indeed. I would love to help them with this, BTW.

Thanks,

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 1024D/7C2CAEB8
http://rb.doesntexist.org : Packages for LaTeX : algorithms.berlios.de