[Pkg-fonts-devel] Creating a mirror of fontforge's CVS repository (was: Re: Playing with fontforge)

Oh, just an addendum.

On Apr 16 2010, Rogério Brito wrote:
> Happily, I saw that it was integrated upstream, which is very cool.
> And now that the fixed version of fontforge has migrated to testing,
> it seems that it's a good time to prepare a new update.

I spent some four or five hours (perhaps more) converting the CVS
repository of fontforge into a git repository.  The whole git repo, with
at least 6 years worth of history, is smaller than 25MB.

Since some people might prefer a git repository to SVN or CVS, could we
host this mirror on alioth?

I can put a cron script there to update the repository to have the
latest version.

The CVS version of fontforge has some features needed by real world uses
(read: implementing some substitution tables for ligatures for OpenType
fonts).

Christian? Any opinions?

Thanks, Rogério Brito.

--