[Pkg-fonts-devel] Playing with fontforge

Hi, Kęstutis and other people.

I am revisiting an old e-mail...

On Feb 21 2010,  Bilūnas wrote:
> Yes, of course. Especially welcome people who also designs fonts with
> FontForge, because I myself have too little understanding of font
> creation.

I am a novice at this design of fonts thing, but I have been playing
with fontforge, with the assistance of Khaled Hosny.

This is an implementation of some OpenType features in an experimental
Garamond-like typeface, the URW Garamond No. 8.  Since you have an
ogonek in your first name, and you are intersted in fonts, I would
appreciate your opinion on some of the diacritics of the font.

You can see what we have here:

	http://github.com/rbrito/urw-garamond

I am following Khaled's advice of not tweaking the diacritics that are
not in my mother language, as we would like to have a quality product.

BTW, if any other people here have any comments on the font above,
please let me know.  It seems that this will be a very long (but fun)
jorney.

> I am also a lack of knowledge, but it seems that this patch would be
> satisfactory. I already forwarded it to the upstream. Thank you
> Rogério.

Happily, I saw that it was integrated upstream, which is very cool.  And
now that the fixed version of fontforge has migrated to testing, it
seems that it's a good time to prepare a new update.

I think that I have some modifications in mind.

Regards, Rogério Brito.

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 1024D/7C2CAEB8
http://rb.doesntexist.org : Packages for LaTeX : algorithms.berlios.de