Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] Fwd: About your Garamond fonts

On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 11:16:15AM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> >> * the small caps fonts are implemented via virtual fonts with the
> >> original roman font scaled at 80%. Did you happen to include the
> >> glyphs in the sfd's? From a quick look, it doesn't seem to be the
> >> case.

> > I don't think I did.

> OK, just as I suspected. Just for some reference, recent versions of
> fontforge automatically generate small caps scaled at about 84%, but
> your versions are so beautiful that I would like to keep what you've
> got.

Any fontforge file I could give your that might help? I can look in the
files I have if you give me names/extension.

> You also have some kerning information there and this is some precious
> information---were they obtained in any deterministic form or also in
> an "artistic" way?

'artistic'. I believe a good deal of the work was done by editing the
virtual police file in vim :).

> > I would say, just go ahead with what you think is right. I won't really
> > be able to help you much, appart from answering question. If you need an
> > formal licensing action from me, just ask, you know my position on
> > licenses :).

> I would like to thank you very much for all the work that you have
> shared so far and, also, by the kindness of your e-mails.

Well, _I_ would like to thank you for picking up this work and
transforming it into something useful to a community (Debian, in your
case). I have grown to have a lot of respect for people who get things
done for others.

Take care,

Gaël