Re: shaping: dividing bandwidth between router & NAT hosts

> but these days I only do egress shaping

I agree completely. I have a home network with multiple
people/computers who all run bit-torrent (with little or no limits
set) - and then complain when web pages take forever to load. So I
built a firewall that prioritises upstream traffic only. ssh and dns
queries get first priority, http / https traffic next, and
everything else has lowest priority. Works great, no more complaints
and they all have bit-torrent running at max speed (as far as _they_
know).

As has been already stated, doing ingress shaping is close to futile
as you have no control over how much incoming data hits your network
anyway. But you _do_ have total control over outgoing traffic.

tim.