From: Michelle Konzack [mailto:linux4michelle@freenet.de]
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 10:19 AM
To: debian-firewall
Subject: Public WiFi Access Authentication

Hello,

I have some 802.11a Access Point (privately) in Strasbourg and want to
open it public.  The solutions I have found are not suitable and some
are realy strange.

What I have:

|     802.11a     Auth-Router       Main
+---- Access ----   (Etch)    ---> Router <----> Internet
      Point          DHCP

I want, that the Auth-Router block ANY traffic until the $CLIENT which
connect over the Access-Point call ANY http-URL and autentificate.

Then the $CLIENT is allowed to use the connection until the last traffic
was on its MAC/IP for, e.g. 5 minutes, then the $CLIENT is required to
re-authenticate.

Also I need to prohibit that sevewral Clients use my Access-Point as
free bridge for there traffic.

I was searching the Net for a sample config how to do this but failed.

So, I want to install the authentication website directly on the Auth-
Router.

Does anyone has done this before and how must I make the iptables setup
to let this work?

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)