remote access to proxy server (tinyproxy) via PuTTy

My gateway machine has 2 NIC with one connected to DSL modem and the other connected to a router. When I use PuTTy (set Tunnel to L8080 localhost:8888 where 8888 is the port for tinyproxy) to connect to it and set proxy in IE6 as localhost port 8080, I got the following errors:

Unable to connect
The request you made failed. Here are the error variables: request GET http://google.com/ HTTP/1.1 cause Unable to connect clientip 127.0.0.1 clienthost localhost.localdomain version 1.6.3 package tinyproxy date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 00:58:40 GMT detail tinyproxy was unable to connect to the remote web server. url (unknown)

I got this error for any website except the web server on the gateway machine.

My firewall and tinyproxy.conf is attached.

I've tried for couple of days and can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.