Re: rewriting source and destination of local packets

also sprach Igor Genibel <igor@genibel.org> [2005.03.23.1533 +0100]:
> Using firehol + transparent_proxy directive is completly
> transparent here for me (no need to change anything on clients)

Does it also work for local connections on the squid machine itself?
Try it:

  apt-get install libwww-perl
  HEAD debian.org | grep -q '^X-Cache' && echo works fine.

> Martin you should try firehol and then you will never do filtering
> rules without it :) It amazing.

Not for me. I understand iptables and prefer to use it directly,
rather than through a "wizard" for the same reason that I prefer
Debian over other distros.

`. `'`

"the pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
                                                      -- oscar wilde