FTP proxy problems (Was: Help please)

Use passive mode (PASV).  When using ncftp, for example, you can type in
"passive" at the ncftp prompt to switch to using passive mode.

Most browsers and most modern ftp clients will allow you to use passive
mode as well.

BTW, this type of question should be asked on "debian-user" rather than
on "debian-firewall"  (debian-firewall is specifically for firewall
configuration.)  Also, having a more descriptive name for your email
helps to get the right sort of response.

HTH,
Ian