Re: Question about wondershaper

I feel an urge to stress, that if you don't specify the licensing of the script somewhere around here, by international copyright laws, it is nothing close to the GPL. Which i'd say makes it pointless to post it to the list.
I feel an urge to say that it is reasonably safe to assume that scripts which are directly taken out of something distributed with debian (try apt-get install wondershaper) are at least as libre as the GPL is - so I don't think that posting a hacked copy makes it an infringement.

Furthermore, since this is a technical list, I don't really see the point of clobbering it with ridiculous legalese all over. Can't we have a usage policy that states that derivatives posted through the list are automatically under the same license as the original or something?

Excuse me for intervening with your discussion. Regards, Anders Breindahl.
You forgot a disclaimer about confidentiality and liabilitiy at the bottom of your email. Man you're such a rebelz :-)