Re: simple iptables rules

On 19 Sep 2004, Grigory Fateyev wrote:
> Can sombody simple rules for firewall. I have real ip in inet, and lan
> ip 172.16.1.66
>
> Tired to read documentation, to learn example is simply!

I would recommend that you investigate the 'shorewall' and 'firehol'
packages.

These both make it much easier to produce a working firewall without
needing to understand the low level iptables details of how this is
achieved.

Firehol comes with a 'wizard' that can produce a semi-complete
configuration firewall based on the services, etc, running on your
machine at the time, allowing you to skip much of the work in producing
a configuration also.

Regards,
        Daniel
--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;