Re: Firewall Recommendations

--On Monday, March 22, 2004 8:32 am -0800 "Wm.G.McGrath" <wgm@telus.net> wrote:

Hi,
We are thinking about replacing our current small office firewall
with something more substantial and reliable. What are the current
debian/iptables based favourites? I'd like to get a good idea of
where to start reading. All suggestions welcome.

This is completely not Debian, so I'm afraid it is off topic, but something like 'ipcop' might be useful for you too - it's got a web based UI, but as far as I am aware, it lets all inbound traffic out - you may not want that.
http://www.ipcop.org/
The only reason I use it is because it easily fits on a compact flash card, and I can run it on a tiny book sized PC with no fan, so no noise!

Best regards,

Sid
--
http://www.mindless.co.uk/~sr for personal site