Re: Newbie can't get firewall to quit working

Because of you not specifying tables, --flush will only flush the
default table (filter). See:

adelita:~# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
adelita:~# iptables -t nat -L
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
MASQUERADE  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
adelita:~# iptables --flush
adelita:~# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
adelita:~# iptables -t nat -L
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
MASQUERADE  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
adelita:~# iptables -t nat --flush
adelita:~# iptables -t nat -L
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
adelita:~#

I mean, the "nat" table, for instance, is not flushed 'til I do -t nat
--flush. I don't know, but maybe you have rules in those tables?

Regards

	Pope