Re: problems with firewall/port forwarding...

Well, I cant tell you exactly what is wrong with your firewall script
but I have setup forwarding before and I have the following suggestions.

1. Read the HOWTO's that come with iptables.  There are examples of
how to do forwarding in the 'NAT' HOWTO.

2. You should have a rule similar to the following.

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -d $EXTIP --dport 6346 \
	-j DNAT --to 192.168.16.2

This rediricts any packets to the external ip port 6346 to the
internal ip (192.168.16.2) port 6346.

Also, be careful if you are trying to verify that it is working
from the internal net.  All this and more is in the HOWTO's that
are included with iptables.

--
Jeremiah Mahler
<jmahler@pacbell.net>