auth port 113: enable or disable on a router/packet filter?
- To: "debian-firewall" <email@example.com>
- Subject: auth port 113: enable or disable on a router/packet filter?
- From: "Markus Kolb 'Capri'" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 16:31:41 +0200
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
I have found many usenet postings and every post prefer different
Should I start identd or should I only open port 113 and shutdown the
Are there any security riscs if my router answers on this auth requests?
Are there any functional disadvantages if I stop the daemon and reject
or deny the port?