Re: ipchains logging to console
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: ipchains logging to console
- From: "Philippe Clérié" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 09:24:07 -0500
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <20010628161304.A31411@localhost>
----- Original Message -----
From: Raffael Ferenc <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Thursday, 28 June, 2001 9:13
Subject: Re: ipchains logging to console
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 08:58:28AM -0500, Philippe Clérié wrote:
> > I have recently upgraded a server. I am not using the new
> > /etc/init.d/ipchains yet. I kept my older firewall script.
> > am finding that now ipchains is logging to the console as well
> > syslog. I'd like to know how to turn that off.
> > Thanks in advance
> /etc/syslog.conf delete line(s) with /dev/tty*
Sorry! No such line. Or, rather, the only such line I found is
commented out. And that's a stock woody file, no alterations.