Re: iptables howto/examples?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: iptables howto/examples?
- From: Gordon Sadler <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 18:48:43 -0600
- Message-id: <20010321184843.A15851@home-desktop>
- Mail-followup-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.4.21.0103211141510.16215-100000@bailey1>; from bailey@TheBaileyFamily.org on Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 11:43:39AM -0700
- References: <Pine.LNX.4.21.0103211141510.16215-100000@bailey1>
On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 11:43:39AM -0700, Scott Bailey wrote:
> Are there any examples of how to use iptables?
Try http://www.netfilter.org or
They have the source and links to 3 or 4 HOWTO's there.
> What needs to be enabled in the kernel to use iptables?
You need a kernel which has the netfilter infrastructure in it:
netfilter is a general framework inside the Linux
kernel which other things (such as the iptables module) can plug
into. This means you need kernel 2.3.15 or beyond,
and answer `Y' to CONFIG_NETFILTER in the kernel configuration.
> Is there an alternate howto?
There is the NAT-HOWTO by the same folks. See above links.