Re: Hardening a firewall box

On Sat, Jan 08, 2000 at 08:19:14PM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> -- do we have a basic "hardening howto" document ?

Not yet. :)
I'm in the process of building up a set of proxies for our firewall,
and I will document what all I did to help harden the boxen.

> -- how do keep services like time, talk, ... accessible "inside" (ie on eth1
> on 192.168.1.*) but _not_ to the outside world on eth0 ?

I'm not sure, but doesn't xinetd allow binding to different addresses?
Or, you can make a set of ipchain rules to do this...

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
     "It's easy to make a buck. It's a lot tougher to make a difference."