Re: Amanda Error via IPMasq...

^chewie wrote:
> The tapeserver DOES have setuid-root on "amcheck" for the backup
> group.  This will not affect, however, the ports that the gateway uses
> for IP masquerading, which allocates a port > 60,000.  Is there any
> way I can force the gateway to use a port below 1024 (which amanda
> considers secure) for amcheck connections?

  Did you have a look at :
http://members.home.net/ipmasq/ipmasq-HOWTO-1.77.html
http://juanjox.kernelnotes.org/

  Maybe the solution would be to redirect ports as is done for ICQ here :
http://members.home.net/ipmasq/ipmasq-HOWTO-1.77-6.html#ss6.10

  ECO.  | Hiroshima 45 -> Tchernobyl 86 -> Window$ 00 |
  ~~~~  |      1999 => The Year Of The Penguin !      |