Re: neighbor table overflow?

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Phill Kenoyer wrote:

> I'm trying to setup a gateway using IP Masq. on Debian.  I have the same
> setup running with Slackware, but when I try to do it in Debian I get a
> error:
>
>   neighbor table overflow

Do you use programs that send out a lot of pings at once, such as the
quake server finder (xqf)?  Programs like that will fill up your
masquerade table very quickly.  Try shortening the masquerade
timeouts.  The IP-Chains-HOWTO.html is at
http://www.rustycorp.com/linux/ipchains or something like that.

This is assuming that your masquerading works to begin with.  If you
have no table entries and haven't really started anything, I wouldn't
know where to begin guessing.

Later!

    ^chewie

| Chad Walstrom           mailto:chewie@wookimus.net |
| ICQ: 9985127           http://wookimus.net/~chewie |
 Need a new truck?  Check out my '97 Explorer 2-door
   Sport at http://wookimus.net/~chewie/truck.html