Re: Port forwarding

On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 11:42:53AM -0400, B.C.J.O wrote:
> Marcin,
>
> I might be missing the nuance of your point, but it is my understanding
> that /w ipchains, it is not possible to direct the outbound chain. I had a
> situation where I wanted to redirect all port 80 traffic originating from
> my masq'd LAN to a proxy server in my control on the internet, but I
> couldn't get this going using only ipchains. I recently discovered a
> software packaged called "stunnel" which might do this, it's listed in the
> appindex at freshmeat.

But i am not doing this using ipchains.
I am using portfw module for ipmasqadm
I was not able to force ipchains to redirect local port to remote. I guess
the only option that REDIR accepts is a port, so there is no place to state
the host.

But i'll look at the stunnel, thanks.

> Brian
> fade@etc.etc.etc.
>
> The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and
> robbers there will be.
>                                                       -- Lao Tsu

Marcin Owsiany
porridge@lo4.ids.bielsko.pl