Re: Security Scripts

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Graham Lillico +44 1785 782329 wrote:

> I have just been looking at the security scripts from SUSE avaliably from
> http://www.suse.de/~marc/ and I was wondering if there is already anything
> similar to them for Debian?  If not then I may look at producing something
> similar?

Yep.  It's a debian package called 'ipmasq'.  It's a good base to
start with, although the documentation w/the package was a little
lacking last time I looked. :)  The scripting is nice, as it parses
your interfaces, decides which are internal, which are external, and
sets up a basic ipmasquerading firewall.  You can override/rewrite/add
to the rules.  You can set it up to reapply after each time you
connect to the internet via ppp or just once when you boot.  And, it
works with both ipfwadm and ipchains. Install it and check it out.

Chad