FYI: uucp over IP needs auth service to function

Hi there,

after I had installed (i.e. configured) my firewall suddenly uucp over IP
stopped working.

After a little bit of sleuthing I found out that it needs the "auth" service
running on the calling host -- which seemed not to run because I had
disabled it in my firewall rules.

Hope that might be helpful for some of you.

Ralf

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\