A question to ask.

I have a simple firewall at home for my own personal use.  It is the same
computer I use for the day to day tasks.  I am using a 2.2 kernel and
would like to know of a simple solution to say allow me to use http
outbound, but not allow anyone access it coming in.  Can this be done or
do I have to just allow traffic both ways?  I already have a solution in
place of allowing traffic both ways, but am interested in if there is a
more secure way.  Thanks

Alex